Then why not partner with someone who is already
trying to do something like this. There are still a
few companies out there looking to make a name for
themselves... a partnership with Mandrake could be the
best of both worlds... as Mandrake can use its
strength of developing the software and its loyal user
base and the other company could extend its hardware
and bandwidth. There is a serious need for this and I
think a ripe market for it... and I also think it
could be the link to help make transition to Linux
easier... esp if calender, addresses, etc could be
easily synced between Outlook, kde/gnome, and a secure
3rd party web platform....

--- Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> So sprach SI Reasoning am Thu, May 17, 2001 at
> 10:14:43PM -0700:
> > I don't see how the project I mentioned could not
> be
> > run that much differently than other Mandrake Open
> > Source projects... Since most of the coding and
> bug
> > checking is done by the community.... the only
> thing
> > Mandrake would be doing is getting the ball
> rolling as
> > another service.... diversification often makes a
> > company stronger and more able to handle the
> twists
> > and turns of the market.
>
> Uhm, the problem I see with this is, that it'll
> require quite a lot of
> bandwith and expensive hardware.
> Both are no-no's, if you're trying to save money.
>
> Alexander Skwar
> --
> How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (german)
> http://quote.6x.to (english)