Bad idea...bad bad!
I would flee screaming
audio ads while booting up?
ads to annoy admins while installing computers (bad
target audience)
the problem now is that people are not paying much for
ads right now (mostly because they seem to think that
ads are only effective if clicked though...as opposed
to the ads on tv or magazines which build brand
identity)
This means less revenue...more annoyance. The last
thing we want to see is open source = urban sprawl....
you know those cities dedicated to ugly strip malls
and signs out the wazoo... it would be enough to run
back to MS.

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]