On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:41:02AM -0400, Eugenio Diaz wrote:

> Well I removed the libsafe package, and the output of ldd shows they no
> longer depend on libsafe, and they don't segfault anymore. So I guess
> that either libsafe is very buggy, or I have something messing things up
> with libsafe.

libsafe has a segfault in it.  I submitted this as a bug report to
Cooker a long time ago and nothing has come back as a result of it.
It was apparently forwarded to the libsafe maintainer but presumably
nothing was done about it.

Could whoever is responsible for libsafe on Mandrake please rattle the
cage of the libsafe team and find out what the status of your bug
report to them is?  Libsafe is a very important package for the safety
of Linux!

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell