Eugenio Diaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have been experiencing several segfaults in a lot of programs, and
> almost all of them show to depend on libsafe when I do a 'ldd' on the
> binary.

This doesn't mean anything. Just that libsafe is preloaded so you'll
see in each time you do ldd...

> Well I removed the libsafe package, and the output of ldd shows they no
> longer depend on libsafe, and they don't segfault anymore. So I guess
> that either libsafe is very buggy, or I have something messing things up
> with libsafe.

Please, trace the segfault using gdb :

gdb program
run
then, when it crash
bt

And send the output to this list...

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | "Programming is a race between programmers, who try and
MandrakeSoft         | make more and more idiot-proof software, and universe,