Ok, i tried an install on a G4 sawtooth black & white.
I made a minimal boot CD by removing Mandrake and misc directories, then
launching mkINSTALLCD with the top ppc directory.
Boot is ok, but i'm unable to find the correct network card module. Moreover,
any attempt to insert a module seems to crash the procedure with the infamous
'abnormaly exit signal 4' message.
Other remarks :
- wrong partition 1 signature message before lilo prompt
- all lilo entries (novideo, atyfb, ati128fb) seems to result in the same
installation procedure (framebuffer and ncurse interface)
- text display is 6 lines too high over welcome image
- character encoding on module insertion dialog seems wrong
Stage 1 install dates from 3 may.

So,
1) is my iso creation procedure correct ?
2) which module should i use with this ppc model ?
3) what script should i use to split the PPC tree into two ISO ? The full
tree use results in a 1,2 Go one and i don't have any DVD-burner currently :-)

--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG keys http://www.univ-reunion.fr/~grousse/gpgkeys.html