Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Andrej Borsenkow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>>Try removing the package xmms-smpeg.
>>>

>>I did not have this package but I did have the libraries from earlier
>>version. Obviously, rpm -e did not remove everything.
>>
>>After removing these stray libraries xmms works again. I reinstalled
>>xmms-smpeg and it works as well (including video support).
>>

> Manipulating the RPM database with some --force and some --nodeps lead to
> problems...

Pardon me, but why you blame and accuse me? For all I can tell I *never*
(I repeat - *never*) use --nodeps and sometimes I use --force when I am
absolutely sure what I'm doing.

I repeat - with KDE alpha and new xmms i had problem with dependencies.
I had to remove some packages that were conflicting. Something went wrong.

I just wanted to let you know that this problem was local to my system
because you looked too offended I asked for help at all. I beg your
pardon for not being xmms expert.