>>- Exact packagesnames need to be in BuildRequires if automated BuidRequires
>>installation is to be done (more automatic installation later). Maybe urpmi can
>>be tought to figure out "provides" packages, but at the moment it can't:
>>
>>[root@taz root]# urpmi libjpeg-devel
>>no package named libjpeg-devel
>>
>>[root@taz root]# urpmi jpeg-devel
>>no package named jpeg-devel
>>
>>[root@taz root]# urpmi libjpeg62-devel
>>everything already installed
>>
>>urpmi only understands libjpeg62-devel
>>

>Yes, but urpmi should (I say should as it was running like that before but now
>it only install dependancies) allow you to install the source package as :
>  sudo /usr/sbin/urpmi /SRPMS/rpmtools-2.3-22mdk.src.rpm
>will install or upgrade package needed according to BuildRequires.

In short, I'm doing it something like this:

for i in `rpm -qpR to_be_built.src.rpm`
    do
   /usr/sbin/sudo --auto $i >> urpmi_output_of_to_be_built.src.rpm.txt
   done

rpm --rebuilt to_be_built.src.rpm

for i in `cat urpmi_output_of_to_be_built.src.rpm.txt | grep "##" | cut
-d " " -f1`
   do
   sudo /usr/sbin/urpme --auto $i
   done

>I need to fix why currently it only install the dependancies and not the src.rpm
>itself...

Exactly. As you see above I don't need to be able to install the
src.rpm, I just need urpmi to be able to install the (build-)
dependancies of the src.rpm.

Stefan

PS: I found out today that the script above _can_ be dangerous --> when
inbetween there are some updated packages, (say bzip2 got updated) and
it needs to install libbzip2_1-devel (and also updated libbzip2, because
urpmi figures out the dependancy --> libbzip2_1-devel is newer and it
updated libbzip2 to the same level). Then later on both libbzip2_1-devel
and libbzip2 get removed... bummer.