Vincent Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello,
>
>       Is anyone using xtraceroute sucessfully?  The program as supplied
> DOES work, to some degree, however there are a few problems.  None of the
> database related stuff seems to work.  I can't add a host, net, or keyword.
> The boxes come up, but the data doesn't go anywhere.

Please explain yourself.

AFAIK it works, more or less, but suffers pretty much from the fact that
the geographical position, although being in spec for some levels of
servers description, is not implemented widely. Thus, the program relies
only on db information.

The bug seems to be that ~/.xt is not automatically created. But once you
created it manually (you could guess it by what is printed on the
console!!), when I add a host, it obviously gets saved since I have the
information after quiting and re-launching.

>       Every time the program comes up, and i start a trace, it tells me i should
> put in better data for my site - yet it doesn't save it when I do.

If you're exiting through 192.168.1.1, you should enter data for this
site. Look at the first IP reported in the log, when you begin a trace
with whatever host.

>       The globe is displayed with what i'd guess to be the Greenwhich meridian
> centered.  Looking at the globe .tiff file, i know the rest of the world is
> in there.

There are bugs in GL that better show up with xtraceroute, yep. :-(.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it breaks. Maybe if the author would like to
really fix it, he should try to look for a more reliably implemented way
of applying textures, but it seems that development of this software is
stalled.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://mandrakesoft.com/~gc/