Blue Lizard wrote:

> The main issue is not hardware compat or price, or cdrom drives used by
> the incans, but actually the fact that i can go to compusa and get 74min
> cdroms real cheap after rebate but the rebate doesn't work for 80min
> cdroms.  See my point?

Both are cheap anyway.  It seems like the industry is standardising
on 700MB CD-RWs, which is good, and suppliers are offloading their
old, obsolete, 640MB stock as quickly as they can.

I suspect 640MB CDRWs are no longer being manufactured.   This should
pose no problem since the capacity, etc., of a CD-RW is encoded on
the disk by the manufacturer (and displayed to you in the ATIP
section if you use the verbose mode of cdrecord) so that it can be
used in any CD-RW drive, CD-R drive, or (very recently manufactured)
CDROM drive.

--
Ron. [au]