On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Stefan Hußfeldt wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:49:24PM +0200, Tomas Perez wrote:
>
> > Well, the new kernel boots ok, but I lose network connectivity.
> > Determining IP information...
> >   failed; no link present. Check cable?
>
> Still the same problem :( See my workaround:

[workaround snipped]

> Any hints?
some other places and it seems like there are some other issues with
newer versions of the driver (see my other followup post). In
particular, the changelog for the most recent -ac kernel has this entry:

Drop back to older 8139too driver from 2.4.3

(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=99529444725518&w=2)

So I think I'm going to stay with 2.4.3 for now.

If I understand correctly, mii-tool sets up the interface at the
media layer. I'm very curious how disabling this actually fixes the
problem (but it obviously does, hmm).
--
Tomas Perez aka frenetik
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]