Hi all,

this morning I decided to hose up my 3 month old MDK8 install by
upgrading a couple of packages to cooker (nautilus, mozilla, xfree86,
wine, etc.). Everything went ok and runs fine except for my attempt
to upgrade to the newest kernel rpm (kernel-2.4.6-5mdk). I should note
that I usually do kernel upgrades from source on my other box
(RedHat 6.2), so I'm not very familiar with rpm upgrading a kernel.

Well, the new kernel boots ok, but I lose network connectivity. I
have a cheapo Realtek 100mbit card which uses the 8139too module.
lsmod shows it's loaded, but it doesn't work. If I unload the module
and ifup eth0, it complains:

Determining IP information...
  failed; no link present. Check cable?

Which is bogus since it worked with the original kernel. I downgraded
back for now.

On the redhat box (also 2.4.6 kernel, but vanilla, compiled  from
source) with the same netcard everything works ok, so I'm suspecting
it's either my fault or something with the mdk package...

So, has anyone had a similar problem or know of a possible solution?

Thanks in advance
--
Tomas Perez aka frenetik
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]