Laurent MONTEL wrote:

> --=-=-=
> Name        : kdebase                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 2.2                               Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 0.beta1.5mdk                  Build Date: Wed Jul 25 11:36:03 2001

> --=-=-=
>
> * Wed Jul 25 2001 Laurent MONTEL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2.2-0.beta1.5mdk
>
> - Recreate Patch 16 uid > 500 in kdm by default

Ah, great! I was just about to report this again, but I wanted to wait
and see if it had been fixed.

However, another problem remains -- shutdown should call /sbin/poweroff
(/sbin/halt -p), not /sbin/halt.

I also would like to see it not echo back any stars when you enter your
password. The console has always done this, and no one has complained. I
am certainly for this option for security reasons, so maybe it should be
set by the security level. I am just afraid that newbies who have never
used console will complain and think that their password is not being
entered at all.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck