I have a Mustek 600 III Plus parallel port scanner. got all the new sane
rpms from cooker-- does not work.  cannot find my device, even after
i restart. it says: no device found.  I installed a driver that someone
on cooker said helped their parport scanner work, but after i installed
that package, it merely says:

Proc directory not found. Defaulting to port 0x378.
Unable to contact the scanner. Exiting.

Releasing parallel port.

Maybe I haven't found teh right drivers, but i went to
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners.html,
which took me to http://home.germany.net/freestyle/sane/, which said
the backends for the scanner were already in sane (although it did have
a gz package, but it was no longer there, and it was alpha). I dunno,
maybe i read wrong and just got the wrong stuff, but those are my results.
Please help if you can.

--
William Bryant
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - email