Yves,

I don't know what you mean by up-stream sane. The as6e
driver works as a stand alone program. If you compile
the source and patch sane you can get it to work with
sane and sane backends. But currently sane does not
support this scanner. That's why this RPM is so cool.
Before the only way to get it to work was to compile
sane patch it and then compile the as6e driver. This
RPM allows you to at least get your scanner to work
(from the command line)

Shad

Ps. I've been trying to get this to work for over 6
months. I've never found an RPM that makes this
scanner work until now. If you want I can test an RPM
you make to see if it works.

--- Yves Duret <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> S N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Yves,
> >
> > I wanted to let you know that this RPM works
> > perfectly. I haven't tested it with sane or the
> sane
> > backends. But, from the command line the driver
> works
> > perfectly.
> >
> > Also, Buchan was nice enough to provide a source
> as
> > well as binary RPM. I've tested it and the Binary
> RPM
> > works great. No other distribution has an RPM of
> this
> > driver available. (Not even SuSe)
> >
> > Please include this in the next Mandrake
> Distribution.
> >
> > http://www.cae.co.za/~bgmilne/mandrake/
>
> yep i tooked them, and mandrakeficizate it :)
> but as6edriver need to be suid root and i really do
> not like it...
>
> can you try the sane version and let me know if it
> works ?
> (since this driver was included in up-stream sane..)
> thx
>
> --
> Yves Duret
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "les rêves, c'est pas linéaire" (c) joHn

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]