Dans l'article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Brian J. Murrell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:32:02PM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering if problem is not coming from Xinerama..
>
> Anything is possible at this point I would think.
>
>> I remember the
>> author of GTKatalog who contacted me with strange instability problem
>> under Gnome.. I was unable to reproduce them and I've just remembered
>> he was also using Xinerama..
>
> Hmmm.
>
>> Could you try disabling xinerama and check if you still have crashes  ?
>
> OK, disabled.  I was not able to get it to hang although I can't make it
> hang on demand.  The link that I have been using that I posted in the
> galeon thread will hang some times, segfault others, but never actually
> work.
> I could get the link to work every now and then in Mozilla but when I
> tried to do something like scroll the page the Mozilla would hang like
> galeon does.  With Xinerama disabled, mozilla segfaults 1000f the time
> too.
Grrr..

What mouse system do you have ? Have you gpm enabled ? imwheel ?

>> No, anybody can start a X server..
>
> I realize anybody can start an X server but it seems that two accounts
> cannot start an X server at the same time on the console.  (i.e. foo
> logged into vt01 starting an Xserver on vt07 and then "suing" to bar in
> one of the xterms in foo's session and trying to start an Xserver on
> vt08).
>
> It seems that there are console permissions issue with doing this.  No
> matter, I think we are getting somewhere.

su is no enough, it doesn't give you console permission.. Only login can
do that.. Since the system must verify you have physical (ie console)
access..

>> Let's first start by disabling Xinerama and see if problem is still
>> here...
>
> Agreed.  Disabling Xinerama *seems* (no hard evidence yet) to have an
> effect.  Galeon/mozilla still seem to have segfaults with the URL I am
> using though.
>
> Not sure how any of these files would have changed but for a datapoint:
>
> [brian@pc brian]$ rpm -V mozilla
> S.5....T   /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/all-locales.rdf S.5....T
> /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/all-packages.rdf ..5....T
> /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/all-skins.rdf S.5....T
> /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/overlayinfo/communicator/content/overlays.rdf
> S.5....T
> /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/overlayinfo/navigator/content/overlays.rdf
> S.5....T   /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/user-locales.rdf ..5....T
> /usr/lib/mozilla/chrome/user-skins.rdf

No problem here, these files are generated by
/usr/lib/mozilla/rebuild-databases.sh
I'll correct the check in mozilla rpm..

Have you tried with tarball (or official rpm) from mozilla.org ? This might clear if
this
problem is from our rpm of mozilla or from elsewhere ...

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft