On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:23:59PM -0700, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:19:05AM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> >
> > xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/startsawfish (same for other window manager)
>
> Cool!
>
> I can run:
>
> [brian@pc brian]$ xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/startsawfish -- /usr/bin/X11/Xnest :1
>-geometry 1590x1110
>
> and it brings up an Xnest with a sawfish environment in it.  Problem
> is though, when I middle click on the mouse I get:
>
> Bad argument: #<closure mapconcat>, mandrake-amusement-menu, 1

OK, to circumvent this problem, I ran

xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/startsawfish -- :1

Instead and started a whole new (real) xserver on a different VT.  I
started a single xterm and started galeon and went to the link that I
have identified as always causing either a segfault or a hang and it
hung, just like I have been seeing for months.

So galeon hangs even in a "sawfish" environment.  I even tried it on a
"bare" (i.e. no window manager at all) session and the same hang.

I even tried running the Xserver with a new $HOME so that I would have
all new user prefs with:

HOME=~/testhome/ xinit /usr/X11R6/bin/startsawfish -- :1

Same hang.

What now?

b.

--