Here are my results as of 08/15 (today) with the

Inspiron 7500:
ATI Rage Mobility -P
1400x1050
P3 700

ReiserFS
2.4.8mdk-4
KDE2.2
XFree86 3.3.6 w/ Experimental 3D support

Problems:

1. Hitting Cancel during the X config screen in install (Resolution screen
only) will restartx config and return and error (invalid pixmap). Hitting
cancel on the other screens will go to the more "advanced" x config screen.

2. After configuring X, I will boot up.. and startx... it dies during
startx.....:

"execve failed for etc/x11/x (errno 2)"

this is after a minimal install (everything de-selected (main menu, not
individual package selection) except kde....

Anything i'm doing wrong?

Does minimal+kde not include x? I thought the dependancies would include
everything needed to boot kde.

---
Chris Edwards
PocketMatrix.com