On Saturday 18 August 2001 10:10 am, andre methodically organized electrons
to state:
> On 18 Aug 2001 00:09:35 -0600, Chris Edwards wrote:
> > Wine doesn't work over here either... first of all the wine service won't
> > start... trying to run a windows app won't work either..
> >
> > -Chris
>
> The wine-service starts with me (when told so). If i do
> /mnt/windows/windows/notepad.exe it will do the same as when i place
> wine for it. It doesn't work but is active

I have had a problem with the mime-type for WINE being malformed.

Three ways to launch an app from the command line:

wine "C:\<path to app>"
wine /mnt/win_c/<path to app>
cd to the apps' directory and wine <app>

If the mime-type is set up correctly, you may omit the wine command.

I always try to make regedit.exe the first program I launch with WINE when I
am running WINE on an already-installed Windows partition. It's always there,
it always runs.

Hoyt