hm..well try downloading the newest wine version
ftp://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/wine-20010731-1mdk.i586.rpm

  .. and like i was saying you will probably have to reconfigure your wine
conf file, becuase i ran into alot of the same problems on my compter and it
took me a few days to get it working, i just read some manuals and shit on
it, and its very simple..but normaly thats what you should have to do.
LW