On Aug 21 2001, 22:59 +0000, Digital Wokan wrote:
> I thought it was a permissions issue.  If halt and reboot are available
> through KDE to a normal user, that means a user would be able to reboot
> any system with KDE on it.

---tom:---

They *are* available to every user via KDM's 'shutdown' menu (and via
CTRL-Alt-Del anyway). This is a bug: if you choose one of the system
options from logoff the machine goes to runlevel 3. If rl 5 is the
default runlevel, it goes to rl 5 and displays the KDM screen again
(from which you can shutdown or reboot the machine), if 3 is the default
rl, it drops you to the console but doesn't shutdown or reboot the
machine either.
So options are: remove these non-working options, or make them work :-)

tom

--
Tom Berger, Maintainer of MandrakeUser.Org, General Nuisance Since 1999
GPG-ID: 0x6AD65877 http://germany.keyserver.net/