I'd rather see them removed.  I've seen too many Windows users pick the
wrong option from their shutdown menus to trust them with the same
choice exiting Linux.  For example:  What if the company doesn't want
its users shutting down the systems?  Maybe they have an automated
update or backup routine that runs after normal work hours.  You don't
want to new guy in accounting shutting off his system because that was
his habit at his last job.