On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, [ISO-8859-1] Grégoire Colbert wrote:

> bad. I remember that years ago, around Mandrake 6.0, I fixed a startup
> script so that dhcpcd could be used (nameless "pump" was the only
> choice). I had to write numerous messages to the list, first saying
> "Redhat's Pump does not work, please allow Dhcpcd", and later I fixed
> the script myself, and it goes ignored for many weeks, until Pixel
> finally corrected the bug... on his own. Anyway, I had to fight for

I have given up on fixing things and posting patch onto this list too, as
this is not productive at all. Usually ignored, without single bit of
acknowledgement. Might be that's because I'm not persistent enough, but now
I learned to post a bugzilla and ignore it afterwards, let unfixed packages
go unfixed, and just doing any fix for personal use; or sometimes contact
software maintainers directly instead of whining here. The latter seems to
be better way of fixing things.

Again, wasting time doing fixes yourself is still better than being
angry without anything done.

Abel