Le Mardi 4 Septembre 2001 02:15, Chmouel Boudjnah scribit :
> --=-=-=
> Name        : kernel                       Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 2.4.8                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 18mdk                         Build Date: Tue Sep  4 02:04:13
> --=-=-=
> * Mon Sep 03 2001 Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2.4.8-18mdk
>
> - Emu10k1 driver upgrade to get the ac3/midi sound update (P4007).

Unfortunately you do it ( upgrade to 2.4.9 emu10k1 driver ), and
unfortunately it breaks lot of thing. One example ? I can't play Diablo II
LOD under wine anymore. The same for Baldur's gate II. It was my biggest fear.

here is the error reporting by wine :
err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl on midi info for device 0 failed.

So you'd better revert to the default drivers of 2.4.8, or you mail wine
developer in order they make wine work with it ( or you maintain the drivers,
as that's what Linus wants :
http://kt.zork.net/kernel-traffic/kt20010903_131_print.html#6 ).

If you keep it for the 8.1 and wine is unable to play games or other stuffs
that use Midi ... you will have a very big flame against Mandrake.
Now I'm will have to switch to alsa drivers, and I hope that they will work
fine ( what about a sounddrake ? ;) ).

--
Copyleft Faber's prod. 2001
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/linux_wizard/index.html