Been trying out the 8.1b2 and I come across a few things:

When I generate the auto install disk from the Mandrake Control Center, there
is no selection for replay/manual disk partitioning and it always forces a
manual  disk partition when the auto_install is run.  Was this intentional?

The printer definition in the auto_inst.cfg file seems a bit big (900+
lines).  Is this just for diagnostics?  I installed a HP-990C printer that
was located on a Win98 box and it worked after the GUI install (using XPP).
However, the printer was not installed after the auto install completed.  Is
this known/been reported?  I haven't had time to track it down yet.

Looking in the auto_inst.cfg file that is generated at the end of the GUI
install, there seems to be a whole bunch of statements after the
initial $o = {...};  similar to:
$o->{'printer'}{'configured'}{'lp'}{'args'}[0]{'vals'}[0] =
$o->{'printer'}{'configured'}{'lp'}{'args'}[0]{'vals_byname'}{'3x5'};

An oops??  The auto_install.cfg.pl in /root contains these extra lines, but
the auto_inst.cfg file created by the Mandrake Control Center does not.

Tried out the display=linux1:0 to have the graphics show up on my main
computer, Nice.  New for 8.1?  Noticed that when the wheel mouse test screen
comes up, I have to depress the wheel and hold it depressed while rotating
the wheel to get the wheel display to move.  Is this a problem with my main
computer's setup?  One other thing, if I maximize the information panel at
the bottom of the screen while packages are being installed, the package
installation stalls until I bring the packing details panel back into focus
and press enter.

regards
Dave