Subject: Re: [Cooker] Install/Auto Install Observations/Questions
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 02:10:02 -0600
From: David Eastcott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (François Pons)

On September  5, 2001 08:32 am, you wrote:
> Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > David Eastcott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > The printer definition in the auto_inst.cfg file seems a bit big (900+
> > > lines).  Is this just for diagnostics?  I installed a HP-990C printer
> > > that was located on a Win98 box and it worked after the GUI install
> > > (using XPP). However, the printer was not installed after the auto
> > > install completed.  Is this known/been reported?  I haven't had time to
> > > track it down yet.
> >
> > No, this was not known :-((. I'll try to see.
>
> should be fixed now.
>
> François.

I ran installs tonight with the lastest cooker tree rather than the 8.1b2
file set and the 900+ lines for the printer definition are gone; much easier
to read, thanks

At the end of the GUI install (printer installs successfully) I generate the
'Automated' disk and then, boot and let the auto install start.  I get to
'Summary' message, then the error message "Cannot read printrc file!" shows
up and I am asked to reboot.    On the ALT-F3 screen I see the message:
warning: foomatic-configure failed at /usr/bin/perl-install/printer.pm line
676.

Hope this helps...
Dave