> > > Already answered to that :
> > > gather the description from the libsafe homepage.
> >
> > perhaps 2 sentences woul be good and help user to leran
> more about it..
>
> Theses two sentences are on the libsafe/freshmeat page and are very
> descriptive... :
>
> Freshmeat description :
>
> Libsafe is a library which defends against buffer overflow and format
> string attacks. It works by putting a wrapper around
> dangerous functions
> that contain any buffer overflows within the current stack
> frame, so that
> the return address can not be changed.
>
> see
> http://www.research.avayalabs.com/project/libsafe/ for a
> complete overview.

I have a complaint about this description:  It doesn't
explain why you would want to disable it or provide any
useful troubleshooting information to the user should
they be experiencing the problems people seem to be
having with libsafe.

Adding another sentence or two similar to the following
would be preferred:

"...  In the past, the libsafe library has been linked
to application malfunctions, and should therefore be
disabled as part of the troubleshooting process if you
are experiencing problems with an application."

Adding something similiar to the above would not only
enhance the description, but provide troubleshooting
information for a user, something that a lot of Linux
newbies will appreciate.  It's also not really
derrogatory towards libsafe; instead it just points out
a fact and makes a recommendation.  You could say, "Don't
use this piece of broken cr@p!", but that wouldn't be
helpful to anyone.

Don Head
SAIR LCA, CIW-P, i-Net+, Network+, A+

Systems Administrator      [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
Web Designer                            [ 1 314 650-4056 ]
[ AIM - Don Wave ] [ ICQ - 18804935 ] [ Yahoo - Don_Wave ]