> > > time  df  lost
> > > 3:10 310 + 32 ext2
> > > 3:35 304 + 34 reiser notail
> > > 3:50 313 +  4 xfs
> > > 4:00 267 + 35 reiser
> > > 4:05 325 +  8 jfs
> > > 4:05 310 + 64 ext3
> > >
> > So jfs and xfs lose the least space? Or do they lose space in an other
> > way
>
> it's quite hard to determine this with so little data.
>
> - a thing for sure is that reiserfs (without notail) is very nice for least
> space.
> - jfs seems to be have a steeper slope
> - ext3 has the worse initial cost (but it can be tuned i think)

I think it will still be quite hard to determine even if you have a lot more data.
That's why it is B. favorite flame subject

ps Does anybody know how i can "repair" this behaviour. It's a reiserfs partition
which was recovered from some fdisk misfortune

[root@node1583e andre]# ls -l .gnome_private/panel.d/default
ls: .gnome_private/panel.d/default: Permission denied