On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Grégoire Colbert wrote:

> If you run Cooker, and use NVidia's driver, then you may read the
> following. I have experienced a bug related to module NVdriver in
> Mandrake 8.0 and I would like to know whether this bug could still
> happen in Cooker or not.

I had somewhat different bug in 8.0, where the screen saver
locked my X server (only when using NVidia drivers). It happened
quite seldom (once a week maybe) and in some particular screen
saver (I don't know which one, because the crash happens always
when the screen saver starts to render something -- the screen is
green or turquoise and the first line or two is more detailed).
When I changed the screen saver settings to "no screen saver", the
broblem vanished.

Could this problem be related to yours?

Regards,
  Matias