>>what about " my " idea about 2 disks
>>

>IMO, 2 floppies is way to unsafe. As for me, i prefer using a cdrom rescue, or

why should it be a way to unsafe, i would also prefer to use a rescue CD
it's much faster and you have much more tools,
but if you use some exotic things like RAID, LVM-1.0.1rc2, XFS,
i think there are no that much ( if any ) rescue CD's which can handle
the situation
and there will be always new things like EVMS when it becomes more stable

>a simple grub on floppy.

that sounds gut but what can i do with my kernel (1.3Mb)
where should i put the initrd -- you can not initialise LVM without it
even if its compiled in