Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

>>>IMO, 2 floppies is way to unsafe. As for me, i prefer using a cdrom rescue, or
>>>
>>why should it be a way to unsafe, i would also prefer to use a rescue CD
>>it's much faster and you have much more tools, but if you use some
>>exotic things like RAID, LVM-1.0.1rc2, XFS, i think there are no that
>>much ( if any ) rescue CD's which can handle the situation and there
>>will be always new things like EVMS when it becomes more stable
>>

>There is ours! Please try it, it should support everything a rescue would
>need. Type "rescue" at the very beginning of the install (first splash
>screen).

well i have tried it many times
but the kernel is without raid, so i have no autodetect , i have
separate /boot  where i have my radtab,

and i'm not that shure but i think i can not create more then 2 or 3
raids ( i have 6, with LVM over them )
a lot of the lvm stuff is missing and it's 0.9.1beta2 version ( i use
1.0.1rc2 )
i had to use the XFS-cooker as rescue and i will try MDK 8.1 but i think
that won't help much
it wont have raid compiled in the kernel and it wont have lvm-1.0 or later
 and in case it doesn't have xfs in the boot-kernel or as module ...

one more point what about the people which can not boot from a cd for
some reason
how would they install or rescue with XFS
can it be done with the floppy images ?