On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 08:40:15PM -0500, David wrote:
> I did find that iptable_filter was keeping me from connecting to the one
> with two NIC's. Once I : modprobed -r iptable_filter.
> I could access it also, from the other computer.
>
> Something else funny happened: I had tried to print a file from the
> computer with one NIC earlier and it didn't print. As soon as I removed
> the iptable_filter, the file started printing. I was wondering what the
> heck was happening until I saw the file that was printed.

The iptable_filter module is responsible for the filter table.  Which is
basically the standard tables that existed in ipchains.  Disabling it
will disable the filter table.  I'd just rebooting the machine running
iptables so all the rules that you're running are present.  The run:
iptables-save --table filter

Carefully examine these rules to look for your problem here.  I don't
think this is a problem with iptables.  Or heck for that matter paste
the results of the command I gave above in a message here and I'll look
at it.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"Before you set out for revenge dig two graves."
- Chinese Saying