2 NIC's, eth0 connected to internet, eth1 to other computer. Other
computer has 1 NIC.
I have been trying to access the other computer that I networked to
(trying to in 8.1) I can ping it, check it's ports, both are set up in
hosts.allow, export, was setup in host (not by me though, some config
did it, but is correct), alias names for each or recognized,... you can
do this from both computers.

I did find that iptable_filter was keeping me from connecting to the one
with two NIC's. Once I : modprobed -r iptable_filter.
I could access it also, from the other computer.

Something else funny happened: I had tried to print a file from the
computer with one NIC earlier and it didn't print. As soon as I removed
the iptable_filter, the file started printing. I was wondering what the
heck was happening until I saw the file that was printed.

I am going to remove things slowly back until I can get NFS working. I
did this in earlier rev. but can't seem to access the computers from
each other, just ping them and such.

I know the gfcc uses ipchains, but does it also tie into the
iptable_filter? I removed gfcc for now until I figure this out. I hope
it or something it needs isn't keeping me from networking these two
computer, cause I want to setup Internet connection sharing.

This is my lsmod report, after removing the iptable_filter. It will come
back next reboot, anyone know of the top of their head, where to stop it
at besides the kernel. Also, see anything in here that might be stopping
  nfs from accessing the other computer. It isn't in here, but I have
tried to modprobe nfs and it loads with no errors, but still can't
accomplish access to the other computers.

lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
es1371                 26768   0
soundcore               4208   4  [es1371]
ac97_codec              9312   0  [es1371]
gameport                1856   0  [es1371]
nfsd                   70464   8  (autoclean)
lockd                  51440   1  (autoclean) [nfsd]
sunrpc                 66480   1  (autoclean) [nfsd lockd]
lp                      5808   0
parport_pc             20240   1
parport                24768   1  [lp parport_pc]
autofs4                 9600   2  (autoclean)
af_packet              12560   2  (autoclean)
ip_vs                  62000   0  (autoclean)
ipt_REJECT              3312   0  (autoclean)
ipt_limit               1280   0  (autoclean)
ipt_state                944   0  (autoclean)
ipt_LOG                 3776   0
ip_conntrack_ftp        3792   0  (unused)
keybdev                 1920   0  (unused)
mousedev                4192   1
hid                    18480   0  (unused)
usbmouse                2048   0  (unused)
input                   3648   0  [keybdev mousedev hid usbmouse]
iptable_mangle          2048   0  (autoclean) (unused)
usb-uhci               21232   0  (unused)
usbcore                50752   1  [hid usbmouse usb-uhci]
tulip                  36400   2  (autoclean)
ipt_MASQUERADE          1600   1  (autoclean)
iptable_nat            16560   0  [ipt_MASQUERADE]
ip_tables              11488   9  [ipt_REJECT ipt_limit ipt_state
ipt_LOG iptable_mangle ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat]
ip_conntrack           15600   3  [ipt_state ip_conntrack_ftp
ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat]
nls_iso8859-1           2880   1  (autoclean)
nls_cp850               3632   1  (autoclean)
vfat                    9968   1  (autoclean)
fat                    32192   0  (autoclean) [vfat]
ide-scsi                8096   0
scsi_mod               91072   1  [ide-scsi]
rtc                     5600   0  (autoclean)
reiserfs              158304   3