On Friday 28 September 2001 23:28, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> On Cooker and on 8.1, I can't add a new source (hard disk 8.1 repository)
> to rpmdrake.  So I tried my old favourite kpackage - that kept crashing
> after a long time loading the database.  I had a konqueror window open on
> /var/lib/rpm and saw those two files beginning __ being continually
> created and deleted.

Bad RPMs.  I was also running kpackage as root (kdesu) out of habit.  It
works much better when simply invoked as `kpackage` and giving the root
password when prompted.  It's also a good idea to always check "test"
first, then you keep your selections while you investigate any errors.

[...]
--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.
Registered Linux User No. 219434 ( see http://counter.li.org/ ).