On Sunday 21 Oct 2001 19:53, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> On ÷ÓË, 2001-10-21 at 22:41, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> > Glad to hear it works now.  I only show CPU temperature and fan now
> > (69.4œC and 6553 r/min currently).  I gave up trying to adjust the
> > formulae and offsets to accurately reflect the values given by the
> > BIOS.
>
> Do you really have 69.4C CPU temp? Is not it a bit ehh ... extreme?

I don't think so - it's an Athlon 1.4GB - they run pretty hot.  I'd get a
bit worried if it went over 90œC

> What sensor do you have? Have you looked into /etc/sensors.conf? Just
> take compute line from there and put into gkrellm configuration. For my
> case (ASUS CUSL2) values look very near to reality (at least, ASUS PC
> Probe in Windows shows the same values).

My sensor is via686a-isa-6000.  There is no compute line for temperature
for this chip (except for limits).  The temperature and fan fairly
accurately reflect the BIOS though.  However, these lines for voltages do
not, no matter how many times I tweak them...
  compute "2.0V" 1.08*@ ,  @/1.08
  compute "3.3V" 1.02*@  ,  @/1.02
  compute "5.0V" 1.009*@  ,  @/1.009
  compute "12V" 1.04*@ ,  @/1.04

The authors of sensors.conf admit that the conversions are only their
best guess anyhow.

> e.g. in my case CPU temp reads:
>
>  compute temp2 (@*30/43)+25, (@-25)*43/30
>
> that gives you a factor 0.6977 and offset 25.
>
> -andrej
>
> now I wish it had something comparable with "always on top" in Windows
>
> :-)

For gkrellm?  You've got it if you use KDE.  I start mine from this file:
 /usr/share/autostart/gkrellm.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Gkrellm
Exec=kstart --ontop --alldesktops --skiptaskbar -- gkrellm
Icon=gkrellm
Type=Application
Terminal=0
X-KDE-autostart-after=panel

So gkrellm displays on startup on every desktop, on top, and doesn't even
waste any space on the taskbar :-)

Regards,
Peter
--
Peter Ruskin, Wrexham, Wales.                  rm -rf /bin/laden sharon
Registered Linux User No. 219434 ( see http://counter.li.org/ ).