My machine is giving me a kernel panic because it did not find init ... I think
it is related to devfs, since this was the first time I rebooted with a devfs
kernel, and I can boot fine with the rip42 repair iso from metalab (uses
2.4.12) specifying my root part as the root (in other words, it finds the init
fine).

I am also getting a message before the panic about "pivotroot", but I have no
idea what this is. I have tried lots of things, but no success yet. Any ideas?

=====