--- Olivier Dormond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:22:27AM -0700, Eugenio Diaz wrote:
> > I am also getting a message before the panic about "pivotroot", but I have
> no
> > idea what this is. I have tried lots of things, but no success yet. Any
> ideas?
>
> If you've no /initrd directory you should create one. This is the most
> probable cause pivoroot complaining and as it can change the root from
> the initrd to the real one it can't find init.

No I don't have one, I will try that when I get home. What should I do, just
create a directory entry, or do I need to put anything there?

My machine is constantly upgraded (by installing rpms) cooker whore, I never do
a "from scratch" install (believe it or not it started out as a RH5.1); so what
other things should I look for that are supposed to be created by the install?

What about the /dev/.devfsd character special node? How is this created, what
min,maj? Is it needed? I saw it on the rc.sysinit script ...

Thanks.

=====