On Friday 26 October 2001 12:02 am, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Claudio wrote on Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:01:17PM +0200 :
> > The problem is CUPS, of course, but all the systems that use CUPS at
> > Department are Mandrake-Linux PCs. I found that the problem is ONLY that
> > fucking option that is NOT turned off by default. CUPS works greatly even
>
> So every time you upgrade, it changes that option?
>
> chattr +i /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
>
> It'll have to remove the immutable bit in order to change that file.  I
> don't think the install routines do it so your configurations should be
> locked in (bonus: users probably aren't lintelligent enough to screw with
> it either).
>
> Blue skies...         Todd

The problem is not **only** when cups is upgraded. The same problem happens
when for any reason the main cups server is turned off for 2 minutes, if
network go down for 2 minutes, and so on: each time my main cups server is
somehow "isolated" for a while.
C.

--
Claudio Panichi
System/Network Admin at Dept. of Physics