On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Vincent Meyer wrote:

> The point isn't that I NEED notepad.  The point is it's a simple
> Windows program, which tells me that the basics work.  While the
> Transgaming version isn't SPECIFICALLY designed for things other than
> games, most windows applications should run if games run, as
> games push the system harder than most office applications, and the
> API calls they use are not mutually exclusive.
>
> I NEED a working wine package.  I don't much care if it's from
> the wine project, the Codeweavers, or Transgaming - it advances
> the project and gets me the functionality I need.

Did you tryed Wine from 8.1? Anyway if you need something more stable you
should use stable releases.

--
 10:55pm  up 13 days, 11:52,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00
            __
         | /  \ |        Iouri Goussev            //  \\
        \_\\  //_/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           _\\()//_
   jgs    \\  //   http://foobar.irc-unix.net    | \__/ |
    I am not 31337. But I can use the Vi editor... ;-0