On 20011030 Han wrote:
>John Haywood ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
>> --so looks asthough you might be missing the Mesa package
>
>Seems like that solved it. All manuals state that if you have a nvidia
>card you should not install the Mesa-package. Because of the
>glx-libraries that will conflict. Well if I get into trouble later
>well sort it out.

I think you only should install Mesa if you have XFree 3.3.x. With
XFree 4.1.0, you already get a libGL. So the two possible setups are:
- XF 3.3 + libMesaGL + libMesaGLU + libMesaglut
- XF 4.1 + libMesaGLU + libMesaglut
(same for the devel packages).

The Mesa- package contains control utils and config files for the DRI
implementation of Mesa. I do not know if it is needed for the version
included with XFree 4.1.

And of course if you install nVidia drivers, you do not need the libMesaGL
package, nor the libGL.so.xxx files installed with XFree4. The nVidia
installer wipes out the latter.

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]