This resulted in very pathetic article about general supermount
usability a while back ... and I guess the problem is real enough for a
end user.

If you have a directory on supermounted drive opened by Konqueror, you
cannot change disk. Pressing eject button does not even open tray in my
case (it may depend on particular drive); doing programmatical eject
opens drive for a second and it is closed again.

The reason it is closed is obvious - Konqueror stats currently opened
directory almost every second, and supermount tries to mount drive on
access. Here are several problems:

- why does Konqueror poll in the first place? Linux is expected to
support file change notification?

- what should we do if we *are* able to change media? Note that in
Windows explorer kills currently opened window; in Solaris everything
accessing media is killed when you do eject. Supermount invalidates all
inodes after media change, so any program that tries to access them
should get an error - reasonably expecting that it just exits.

anyway, the problem is real in the sense, normal :-0 people do not
expect this behaviour.

-andrej