On 7 Nov 2001, Fabrice FACORAT wrote:
>> there should be option to choose their own language and keyboard layout
> a peer user localdrake ?

Yes, some kind of "My Control Center".

>> Another such a configuration could be choosing the size of the
>> desktop (screen resolution).
> At one time there's only one user. CTRL+ALT+ +/-
> A personnal resolution for each user may be hard to implement unless ...

Yes, that works except the virtual desktop should be shrinked to
the same size as the screen resolution is. I'm not quite sure
if it is possible, but by restarting X Window system and by using
different configuration file it should work..?

>> There are also other things which should be in this user-level
>> control panel, like: change password,
> userdrake

Won't work: "In order to run "userdrake" with root's privileges,
additional information is required. Password for root: ______ "

There is Configuration->Other->Change Password, but how many finds it
from there?

>> change photo,
> userdrake

Look above..

>> edit menu,
> menudrake
>> task scheduler,
> cf your wm/desktop

Yes, but what I meant with one place was to make some kind of
My Control Center, where the user could easily find everything
without searching for an hour or two..

>> shortcuts to different configuration applications like Gnome Control
>> Center, Print Queue, etc, etc..
> ??? i d'ont understand. On the desktop ? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No, not desktop. I mean something like Mandrake Control Center but
for a user. Mandrake is very nice distribution as long as you have
the root privileges. But if you try to use Mandrake as a normal
user, it's just horrible. How to change your language, photo,
password? They are very hard to find from menu (because most of
the configuration tools need root privileges) if they can be found
at all (<Ctrl> + <Alt> + +/-). Even I don't try to find some
configuration tool from the menu, because it's much faster to
run it directly from a terminal. My Control Panel would fix this
together with Mandrake Control Center if they are both well made.

Regards,
  Matias