[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Robert Fox) writes:

> No. Says "xsane: no devices available"
>
> Like I said, I was previously successful getting the Mustek 1200CU
> scanner to work using a patched sane-backend found on the internet.

the latest sane includes those patch (aka mustek_usb).

> The recent attempt is on a fresh Cooker install from last week.

can you give me the output of
rpm -qa | grep sane
rpm -q ldetect-lst drakxtools
in /etc/sane.d/mustek_usb.conf you have only one line with
usb 0x055f 0x0001
and you should have an line with mustek_usb in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
and finally the output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices (is from this file taht
comes the 0x055f 0x0001 numbers.. i had perhaps a bad value in the DB).
thx
--
Yves Duret
[EMAIL PROTECTED]