So sprach »Oden Eriksson« am 2001-11-29 um 00:04:39 +0100 :
> Ahh..., now I see the problem. Well..., actually there is now problem, just
> standard rpm logic.

Yes, I know.

> Provides: imap
> Obsoletes: imap imap-2000c >= 7mdk

Hm, I don't like it.  If uw-imapd was installed and used, a rpm -Uvh
courier *will* render the system useless.  That's why I don't like to
obsolete imap, because the user might not notice that uw is now
deinstalld.  If it conflicts, everything is fine (with me).

The proper solution IMO would be, to not use such an extremely generic
name like "imap" for the uw-imapd package.  Also the name is misleading,
as it doesn't clearly show, what imapd this is.

Also, if someone would do a Cyrus imapd package, he might run into the
same trouble, I suppose.  If the uw-imapd package would have a proper
name, there wouldn't be any problmes.

But as a ugly hack, I'll add this to the specs.   Thank you very much
for helping out!

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)