Hello,

I installed Cooker (Mandrake 8.1 + upgrade to cooker) on my new Compaq
Presario 700CA laptop and the sound does not work. This laptop is based on
the integrated chipset KN133 (AMD Duron). The sound card is detected and
correctly configured by hardDrake (model VT82C686 [Apollo Super
AC97/Audio] with kernel module via82cxxx_audio). But I can't get any sound
with this laptop.

This is probably due to the two sound buttons on the laptop (a + and - to
increase/decrease the volume). I guess that something else has to be
activated but what? Has anyone seen something similar?

Thanks.

Denis
Denis Pelletier
Étudiant au doctorat
sciences économiques, Université de Montréal