On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Charles A Edwards wrote:

{ I think the correct entry should be:
{ "Loopback device (\\nlo\",
{
{ You need to also make this same correction to //init.d/lpd line 53.

I had already taken care of that issue but somehow I made a mistake
somewhere. I can setup my printer just fine.

But I have a new problem. I'm printing garbage with kernel 2.4.16-6mdk.
The first fourth of the first page I print is ok but the rest is pages and
pages of garbage (2-3 lines of random characters per page). If I boot with
kernel-2.4.13-2mdk, printing is ok.

My printer is a Samsung QwikLaser 5100A on a parallel port. I'm waiting
for kernel-2.4.16-8mdk to appear on the mirrors to test the latest kernel
to see if the problemis still present (and to try to degub a PCI irq
routing conflict on my laptop).

Denis
Denis Pelletier
Étudiant au doctorat
sciences économiques, Université de Montréal
     an ordinary boy an ordinary name
     but ordinary's just not good enough today
             --Our Lady Peace, Superman's Dead