Marcel Pol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> 3. Smp kernel?
> I have an smp system, but an up kernel was installed.
> Is it somehow possible to detect this and let the installer install the smp
> kernel?

ok, i'll do it.

[...]

> 6. Security level.
> When choosing the security level, it is default set to Low, and you have to
> set it to Medium or High yourself.
> I'd rather see it set to Medium as default, so when you just hit Enter, it
> won't hurt too much.

"Low" security is not that bad.

> 7. Webmin started as default.
> Another security issue.
> When selecting services to be On or Off at boot, Webmin is set On as default.
> I can't see Webmin and security going hand in hand.
> It would be better to have it set to Off as default.

our policy is to have installed things working, at least if a default
configuration makes sense (which is the case for webmin). We try to ensure
servers are not installed when you don't want them.

[...]

> 9. User ID?
> I somehow expected to be able to set a User ID for my user.
> There wasn't an option for it though.
> It can be quite handy to be able to access my nfs server as this user.
> Feature request: I'd like an option to set the User ID.

one day... And i wonder when there'll be a uid mapper (it used to exist, no?)

> 10. Mounting partitions.
> It wasn't clear to me after making the partitions, if I needed to mount them
> myself or not.
> I created a / and a /boot partition.
> I couldn't mount the /, but I did mount /boot at /boot.
> The installer later mounted / at /mnt.
> All the packages were installed in /mnt, so my /boot partition remained
> empty, and rebooting after my second install did not work out  too, because
> it couldn't find the files at the /boot partition.
> I wouldn't know the best way to make this clear.
> Maybe it would be good to show a message in the partitioner, that it's not
> advised to mount partitions here. The installer will take care of it.

good point. Maybe i should disable the "Mount" button during install, uh?