I went back into 8.1 and reformatted the swap
partition and then remounted. I then rebooted into the
cooker net install and I was able to start the
upgrade.... it is now in progress...

--- Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> SI Reasoning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I tried to upgrade an 8.1 to cooker through net
> > install and ran into issues where it would not
> > recognize the swap file on hda2. I would get an
> error
> > message that swapon failed at hda2 (or something
> like
> > that) and could not proceed further.
>
> pretty weird. I suppose the swap partition is
> working ok under 8.1 ?
> No useful error message on console 3 ?
>
> In last resort, you could try using the rescue:
> % mknod /dev/hda2
> % swapon /dev/hda2
> It may give better error message...

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin