Well, I figured out why this was a problem in the
first place. I have been using lvm and had moved the
swap partition to a lvm directory. Evidently the net
install floppy does not recognize lvm. Now all of my
lvm drives are gone (which were /usr /var and /home
... not good)
It also means that all of the upgrades went into the
non lvm / directory instead of where they should have
gone...

This is pretty knarled up. Is there a way to recover
the lvm groups and partitions? Is there a way to have
the updates moved into these directories and
everything synced? I hope to recover at least the home
directory as there are files there I would like to
recover... this is a home system so no backup tape :-{

=====