On óÂÔ, 2002-01-12 at 18:42, OS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using a 14" TFT 1024x768 LCD screen and I am trying out AA fonts for the
> first time on a Mandrake system. I have used them on RH 7.2 at work with a
> 17" CRT display and the result using Open Office makes even the most hard
> line Windows user go "Wow !".

Really? have you seen XP with ClearCase fonts enabled? I must admit,
this leaves AA fonts far far behind.

 At home on Mandrake I am trying them with KDE
> 2.2.2 (we don't use this at work). The results look like someone has been
> writing with an ink pen on slightly absorbant paper ! What could be wrong ?
> Doesn't Linux AA work on LCD displays ?

Actually, they look exactly the same here on 17" CRT monitor. May be it
depends on used fonts - I need Russian ones and the only choice of
scalable fonts I have is windows TTFs.

-andrej