> It's in the kernel, a kernel upgrade sould do the trick(IDE RAID),  but
> anyway
> whay use HP's crappy bios implementation that craps up after each bios
> upgrade
> and is slow as a snail, when you have Linux Software raid, tested the
> speed with
> HPT370 and found Software raid much faster and more stable.

I have been using software raid for /usr and /home (/var and /tmp where
symlinks to /home) since it first appeared in RedHat's rawhide ... and I was
thinking I was going to have even better performance with this board ... Thanks
for the tip!

Anyway, I had already decided to install on the normal IDE (in fact I am doing
it right now), but I would like to later move my disks to the HPT372
controller, but not using the RAID feature, since it is ATA133 and the mobo
normal controller is ATA100, and I bought ATA133 60GB Maxtors ... also I have 5
disks + 1 DVD + 1 CDRW I want to use.

=====